Each part of a pumpkin is treasured, and even the pumpkin seeds are of great use!
Each part of a pumpkin is treasured, and even a small pumpkin seed contain high nutrition. Most people throw away pumpkin seeds when eating pumpkins, which is actually wrong. So, what are the benefits of pumpkin seeds and who are not suitable for eating pumpkin seeds? Let’s get to know.
Traditional Chinese medicine holds that pumpkins are warm and sweet, and enter the spleen and go through the stomach meridians. It has the functions of invigorating spleen-stomach and replenishing qi, relieving pain and inflammation, detoxicating and destroying intestinal worms. It can be used for treating qi deficiency and fatigue, intercostal neuralgia, malaria, dysentery, ascarid expelling, bronchial asthma, diabetes, etc.
Benefits of Pumpkin Seeds
1. Treat insomnia and enhance memory. Pumpkin seeds are rich in vitamin B1 and vitamin E, which can stabilize mood, prevent cell aging, prevent adult diseases, treat insomnia and enhance memory.
2. Beauty skin care. Pumpkin seeds are rich in vitamin E, which can inhibit skin aging and prevent pigmentation, and remove skin damage such as dryness and itching caused by skin allergy or infection.
3. Kill parasites in human body. Pumpkin seeds can kill parasites in human body (such as pinworm, hookworm, etc.). It also has a good killing effect on schistosome and is the first choice for dietotherapy of schistosomiasis.
4. Prevent kidney stones. Pumpkin seeds contain a large amount of phosphorus. If people eat pumpkin seeds regularly and absorb the phosphorus, minerals can be prevented from coagulating in the urinary tract system of people so as to be discharged out of the body with urine, thus achieving the purpose of preventing kidney stones and promoting the discharge of existing stones.
5. Prevent and treat gingival atrophy. Pumpkin seeds are rich in two kinds of nutrients that are very important to gums and alveolar bone. First, it contains a large amount of phosphorus; second, it is rich in carotene and vitamin E, which can directly nourish gums and prevent gingival atrophy.
6. Reduce blood pressure. Pumpkin seeds are rich in pantothenic acid that can relieve static angina pectoris, and has the effect of reducing blood pressure.